Monday

This One's For You, Kathy

This One's For You, Kathy Tonight, as I took my dog out to go to the bathroom, I noticed that there was a giant slug slowly making its way across the sidewalk.I bent down and watched it in fascination for several minutes.I know most people probably don't agree with me here, but I think slugs are such cool little creatures.


(Photo Credit for this awesome picture here)
Watching this slug made me think of my good friend Kathy--not because she reminds me of a slug; she doesn't!--but because of her frustration with the e x t r e m e l yВ  s l o wВ  pace of Lyme disease treatment.

Kathy, my dear, you may be going at a slug's pace, but YOU ARE GOING!That slug will get wherever it is that slugs go, and you, Kathy, will get to where ever you are going.Just as our friend Melissa reminded us, "The obstacle is the path."

In the morning when the sun comes up, everywhere that the slug walked will have a beautiful rainbow trail in its place, proving that it made it to where ever it is that slugs go, and reminding us that slow can be beautiful, too.Kathy, I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the rainbow you leave everywhere you go, and I look forward to talking about slugs (and worms!) with you in the future!XOXO




News: Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone